It's past 2 a.m., and I can't sleep. Ugh!!! A million things running through my mind.
1. Hope mom is sleeping soundly in her hospital room ... without any interuptions. Imagining what that must feel like. And being ashamed for thinking that way.
2. Where did these 10 pounds come from?
3. If I were an Elf not so on the Shelf where would I like to "BE"?
4. What will Millie Bug wear to school tomorrow? And why didn't I lay it out earlier like I do every night?
5. Why are my kids in bed with me?
6. Is it time for a Tony's World Famous Egg Nog daquiri again? That should really be a daily thing. That might explain one or two of those 10 pounds.
7. I'm gonna feel lousy in the morning.
8. How cute it is when Brother does something he shouldn't and then says, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." New tonight: "It was an accident." Hardly.
9. How am I going to work up the courage to authorize massive haircuts next week?
10. Bound and determined to get the Christmas shopping done this week to enjoy the month.
11. What is the perfect project for the needy to involve the children in this Christmas?
12. Looking forward to reuniting with my Louisiana Tech Orientation staff this weekend. Has it really been 10 years?
13. I want to hear my husband singing along to Christmas music.
14. I'm in agreement with him that the Sufjan Stevens Christmas box set is yes, one of our best purchases ever.
15. Really grateful to the Fritter's mommy for sharing her MOPs re-investing in friendships story.
16. Laugh because I remember I told Eric that I wanted 10 kids of my own, 10 adopted. That number went to 5 biological after we married. I have two, one of each. And God gets the last laugh.
17. How much I enjoyed crafting Millie Bug two sunflower barrettes for her braids at midnight after she let it slip that evening that her given Indian name for her Thanksgiving feast at school the next day would be "Sun Flower."
18. How much I enjoyed room mothering for that feast.
19. Need to balance the checkbook.
20. How amateurish I've been about couponing. It's time to get my game face on.
21. How am I gonna arrange my sister's due date so I can run that 1/2 marathon.
22. I will read the Twilight series. If no reason other than to prove to myself that I still remember how to read ... something other than juvenile picture books and primers.
23. Where art thou "What Not to Wear"?