Sunday, April 18, 2010

Diabetes

By Millie Bug
April 18, 2010

I tee-tee on a stick. I check my blood. And I check insulin. And I eat the right food when my momma says, and I have a bear that has diabetes. If my momma tells me something I should have eaten, you should too when you are sick or hurt, you should do that, too. My mom and dad, they love me. I go the doctor. I have a meter that can suck up my blood. And if it’s high, you have to take insulin.
I have a dance recital.
And don’t forget I love my momma so much, and I love her much, much more than a world, than the universe.My momma lets me go to the park. I swing on the swing sets. I slide down the slide, and I climb up the monkey bars. And I climb the steps on the playground board, and I get to go on the merry-go-round on the boardwalk.
The End


A First: I shot up my daughter with insulin in the restroom of IHOP. I felt like a junkie.

5 comments:

Sweet P Preston said...

tears for you cori. i hate that you all have to go through this. i cannot even imagine. you are so strong for your little girl. love you.

Cori said...

Thanks, Julie. We're trying. I have good moments and bad. I thought it would be interesting to record her thoughts. Will be good for her to look back years from now when she is healthy to see how she started her journey. We appreciate the prayers!

TheFancyFritter said...

What a sweet post & great idea! I'm praying for your family, Cori!

Jessica said...

Cori~ Thank you for sharing this journey and sweet Amelia's perspective with us. She is one courageous little lady and you are one amazing mama to help her with such love, dedication, and strength. God is faithful. We love you all!

Unknown said...

Cori you are a good mom and you are going to make it through this. It is a lot harder on you than it is on Amelia. She will look at this only as bad as people make it out to be. She is one little brave girl and again, you are doing a great job. We love you all. I had a great time with little Abram a couple of Sundays ago. I might have been in trouble with Becca (oooooh)!