Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Visions of Sugar Plums



Millie Bug and I had girls night out at the library last night. We're wild like that. The junior and senior companies of the Shreveport Metropolitan Ballet performed excerpts from "The Nutcracker." Millie Bug was in awe of the dancers and their real tutus and was very bothered by the fact "the little boy took the little girl's doll from her." I loved watching her watch the performance and clap after each act.



Afterward, she was able to get the ballerinas' autographs. That was a treat. In the car ride on our way home, we called Mimi and Amelia told her she couldn't get on stage and said, "Poor Mia." I hope that means she is looking forward to getting on stage herself and performing one day. Her recital is in May, so we'll see then. I think she's old enough to appreciate the Sugar Plum Fairy Luncheon this year, so that's something else to look forward to this holiday season.

Now I'm off. There's a little ballerina waiting for her tights and ballet bun!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

So fun! I'm sure she'll do great at her recital and the best part, she'll look tu-tu cute!!!
~Jessica