Monday, February 21, 2011

Sweet Somethings

Abe just looked at me and whispered, "Mommy, can I play with your hair? ... Because I love you." He's been so loving lately.
For those of you who really know our Brother, you know his personality is INTENSE. I've really tried to encourage him to calm down and be more gentle.
He's working really hard, bless his heart. We even have a sticker chart now to mark each day of school he does not get time out. However, he is VERY cunning. Last Friday I asked if he got timeout to which he replied, "No, just a rest. I had to take a rest, mommy." Suspicious, I asked, "Why, Abe, why?" "Because I was sweaty, mom!" Rest=timeout.
Tonight in Target he went over to some earrings and said, "Mom, aren't these so gorgeous?" Surprised at the use of the word "gorgeous" I looked him in the eye and said, "Yes, Abe, they certainly are." And he walked right over to me, hugged my leg, and told me he loved me. Random. But it melted my heart. I just wanted to scoop him up and kiss his sweet cheeks ... the ones he's been super cheesing with in photographs lately. Sweet, sweet boy.

No comments: