Wednesday, February 2, 2011

'Eat, Pray, Love' All the Way to France

Maybe it's a case of the winter blahs. I'm tired of being cooped up. And it's quite stifling. But every year about this time, I feel the urge to pack up my kids and hubby and go. Take that leap of faith. Explore the world. Not just visit, LIVE!
Two sources have been quite the inspiration. Design Mom, Gabrielle Blair, has packed up her crew and moved to France. I have followed her journey here. Can you imagine what those children will get to experience? And she makes it look so easy.
And then this weekend, my husband brought home the "Eat, Pray, Love" DVD. I'm sorely behind on my reading. DVD have become the CliffsNotes of my adulthood. Blasphemy. But whatevs. It's that or nothing. Anyway, I LOVED the movie. It stirred some yearning within. I so LONG to break free and LIVE. Just me and my family, taking a leap of faith, packing up and heading wherever the hell we want to. What's stopping us? We're young, the kids are young, we have nothing really tying us down to where we currently live. It's been obvious for a while that we are outgrowing our home. Eventually, we're going to have to make a move, but where? Not here. Not back home.
So lots of prayers needed here. I feel change on the horizon. It could be something earth-shattering, or it might just be spring. Ha. Thank God for seasons of change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say that moving away from just about everything is a pretty neat adventure. Scary, but neat!

Sweet P Preston said...

I know how you feel sometimes. I did that in my early-mid twenties. Before husband and baby. I decided and I going to do travel nursing and 2 WEEKS later I was on the road to Tucson, AZ. What an adventure! And I would not trade it for anything (but that was when I was single).
Praying for you and God's guidance. Love yall!

Sweet P Preston said...

BTW...LOVE LOVE LOVE the new picture of Millie Bug and Brother! Can you say ADORABLE!!!