Thursday, October 16, 2008

To Market, To Market!


The Shreveport Farmers' Market opens back up this Saturday after its Revel hiatus! I can't wait! Fresh veggies, fruits, breads! I have a hankering for a fresh bag of granola. And some fig preserves sound mighty tasty! Here's a little breakfast I like to serve the kiddos. It has some of Millie Bug and Brother's favorites -- bananas, pb and yogurt -- can't go wrong. And of course, it's so easy, well, I can make it, or compile it rather.

Peanut-Butter Breakfast Banana Split

1 small ripe banana, halved lengthwise
1 Tbsp. reduced-fat peanut butter
1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
2 Tbsp. granola
Place the banana halves in a banana split dish or shallow bowl with cut sides facing forward. Spread the peanut butter on the open banana. Spoon the yogurt in the middle. Top with the granola. Serve immediately.
So easy! So nutritious! As Millie Bug would say, "So delectable, Mommy!"

Oh, another nutritious discovery: We can't afford to go totally organic, but I picked up the Archer Farms (Target) brand of organic blueberry and almond instant oatmeal. Ummmm, de-lish! The blueberries are probably the freshest tasting you're gonna get in an instant oatmeal. No cardboard stuff here. I love the thought of filling my babies' tummies up with something wholesome ... which leads me to my obsession for packing their school lunches, which I have yet to pack for tomorrow (today rather). "Love in a Lunch Bag" coming soon!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We love the farmer's market! We need to plan and meet up one of these days so the kiddos can play downtown by the fountains!
~Jessica